Have seizures, every movement is slow, forehead, neck hurts. face itchy, sweaty, cold after coming out. Reason?

I have been having seizures, I become slow, I start staring, my eyes will start blinking and then I feel like slow motion...I move my hands and fingers I will hold my hands together moving them over and over, My lips start smacking, I move my mouth in weird ways. I will turn my head from side to side very slowly where I feel like every movement is so slow. My top of my head and front forehead hurts. My sides of my neck hurts. I feel I am aware but can't control whats happening. When I start to come out of it 1, 2, 3 minutes later I feel my face itchy, sweaty, cold and wanting to eat candy...I have noticed sometimes this starts while I am eating or right after I eat.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013
Thank you for posting your query.

Your symptoms are suggestive of a type of seizures, called as complex partial seizures. These often occur due to abnormalities in temporal lobe of brain. You require a detailed evaluation by a neurologist to establish the diagnosis and start the appropriate treatment.

Evaluation would include detailed history to decide the semiology of seizures (the clinical seizure type), MRI brain-epilepsy protocol, electroencephalography (EEG), etc.

You would require treatment with anti-epileptic drugs, with which we expect good clinical improvement.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in