Have scoliosis. Have to undergo surgery. What could be after effect of surgery

I live in Buffalo, NY. My 18-year old daughter, who plays very competetive soccer, has scoliosis that has
progesses to 56 degrees. We have been told she needs surgery. Is there any way to look up credientials and results of surgeries performed by a specific doctor in our area. The doctor that we have been dealing with is Dr. Robert D. Galpin of
University Orthopedics who supposedly specializes in pediatric scoliosis but we can't find any information on him besides from the University Orthopedic website.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013