Have rash and bumps around Labia. Had used Ky Jelly. Diagnosed as Herpes. Cure?

I recently used ky jelly with my bf and now I think I am allergic to it. I broke out in a raw rash with 4 bumps around my labia and external area of my vagina . My doc tested me for herpes and says that is what it is before the test result have even come back yet. He did put me on meds but as I read on here ky jelly reactions and it can be mistaken for herpes it scare me to death. My bf did get checked and his doc said in one day he did not at all have herpes. Does KY Jelly allergic reactions be mistaken for herpes when indeed it is not?
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013