Have problem in the periods. Have used a number of medication but till now no use. What to do?

After after being taken off the combined pill in my 30s because of migraine, I took various mini pills up until 3 years ago when I had an implant. Before having the kids, my periods were irregular both in frequency and volume and I never knew where I was. The combined pill obviously stopped this but I had to come off it. About 7/8 years ago, my doctor tried me on cerazette as she said that most people using it stopped having periods. She said at the time that obviously if that was the case, I wouldn't know when I hit the menopause and that the blood test you can have which tells you couldn't be done whilst taking it. At the time, I wasn't worried as sure enough I didn't have a period for 2 years!! Then I went back to exactly how I was before the kids. After another discussion at the docotrs, she suggested the implant, but again said the blood test could not be done whilst it was in.

I went to have it changed today after the 3 years and to be honest, nothing has changed, so I have just resigned myself to scatty periods. THe nurse told me that she wasn't sure that I should have a new one. As I am 53 this year, she felt that I should consider what to do next as she said that the implanon implant I had is notorious for making you bleed EVEN THOUGH YOU COULD HAVE PASSED THROUGH MENOPAUSE. I was quite shocked as you can imagine, as I went to see the doctor last October and she asked about the periods and I mentionedth at they had been like Niagara falls and she said that if I was worried she could send me for a scan, but to keep an accurate diary for a few months before we do that. She never mentioned the possiblity of the bloody impant actually MAKING me bleed.

Anyway. I had the old one removed today and then ursehas suggested I either go with nothing for a couple of months so we see if I bleed and if I do so, they can do this test which will tell us where I am in the process or have something else. So, there's the dilemma. The other sugestion is to have a coil fitted so I have protection whilst they acertain if I am finished, which wouldn't affect the blood tests and obviously would mean I can just leave it there either way. The next monthly coil clinic is next Wednesday and fully booked, but she has made a note I can be there if there is a cancellation. If not, it will be the last week of April before I can have one fitted. Even if I did decide to go with another implant, which appears to be a bit pointless, I couldn't have it done now for another month.
Is what this nurse says correct???
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013