Have persistent cough. On synthroid. Treated for hypothyroidism. Are they related? Looking for suggestion

I have had a persistent cough for the past several months which seems to be getting worse. I am on synthroid and am being treated for hypothroidism. My thyroid has been killed. My cough is so severe at times it makes me gag. It starts with a tickle in my throat and progresses. It occurs both day and at night although it seems worse in the daytime. Could synthroid be associated with this cough? Also, could this cough in any way be associated with an increase in my blood pressure?
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012