Have periods, brown discharge, on pill. Had unprotected sex, took pill late. Pregnancy sign?

I had unprotected sex like a week ago (he pulled out before he cumed he told me). I'm on the pill but that night I took it late. Does this mean it won't work or protect me? But it's been a week later and I'm up to my pill where I'm I get my periods but I have been getting brown discharge. What does it mean? Are they signs of being pregnant? What are sings of being pregnant? HELP ME PLEASE IM SCARED AND WORRIED!
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013