Have paining big toe. Had bunion surgery, big toe straightened. X-ray taken. Can online doctor help?

I had bunion surgery 3 years ago and my big toe was broken and straightened. It has two screws in the bottom section of the toe and a pin in the top section. the last 2 days I have experienced severe pain in my big toe on walking and wondered if the pin may have come loose or moved. I have had an x ray and it shows that the pin is sticking out through the bone on one side - is this normal? I am waiting for an appointment to home to see a foot surgeon but the pain is excrutiating?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013