Have painful swelling on left mastoid bone and left ear canal is more pink. Mastoiditis?

goodmorning i am a 30yr old female have developed a painful swelling on my left mastoid bone yesterday feeling febrile (low grade) first time sth like this has ever happened to me had a strong flu last week but been feeling fine for a few days (till this painful swelling developed yesterday) been seen by an emergency nurse who said the only thing she could see is that the left ear canal is more pink than the right one could it be early signs of mastoiditis?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013