Have pain, inflammation, numbness in buttocks, arm tingling. Had back surgery. Any theories?

I had major back surgery, thoracic disectomy and fusion at level 8/9.. A rib was removed completely (7) and the tip of another (9).. This was 14 months ago and I still have pain, inflammation and numbing down my left butt and leg and left arm feels heavy and tingly at times. Around the surgery site is still hard and under my left breast as well and inflamed. Feels like something is sticking in to it. Any theories?
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012
hi dear, since large portion of your body i.e ribs, thoracic and fusion was done. it will take an ample of time for the body to heal the scars and bones to form again, to gain back the same strength ,i will ask you to have little bit of more patients, physiotherapy will be really helpful for you .