Have pain in chest on crossing left arm onto right shoulder. Am a smoker. Recommendations?

Im not sure which doctor to ask or who to ask, but instead of booking a doctors appointment i was wondering if you could give me an answer on this please? Im a smoker and im concerned about these chest pains, its not as bad as it sounds though. Im only 19, almost 20 smoked for about 5 years though =( When i wake up in the mornings its worst, it never hurts when i breathe, cough , sneeze or anything to do with breathing . Its doesn t just hurt if im standing still, it only hurts when i cross my left arm across my body and put my hand over my right shoulder . Its not a sharp pain. It feels more of a blunt pain like a muscle pain. This pain might go away for 2 days or even a month and then come back for a couple weeks. This pain has been with me for about a year. Im a Baker and have been working since i was 15 ( 5 days a week) i lift heavy flour bags and ingredient bags regularly but thats about it. I was thinking hard today about what could have caused this about a year ago, I went to the gym a couple times and lifted weights but then gave up due to no free time for gym. I lifted weights for about a week or two and its hurts ever since. I cant remember if it hurt the way after gym or a week after or even a month after. It was just around that time it started hurting. Im hoping its a muscle pain, but i did nt think they would last this long. Is it bad if this hasnt healed? Is this a problem if it is a muscle pain and its never had a chance to heal? I even had two months off work for a long holiday and it hurt again a week or two before i even returned to work? Should i see a doctor? All i want to know is that its not life threatening. =/ Thanks, i appreciate your time for reading . Jason :)
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013