Have pain in bladder, lump in anus, colonoscopy found hemorrhoids. Can tumors grow on the outside of organs?

My dad is having pain in his bladder and says he can feel a lump in his anus . He s had a colonoscopy that found some hemmorhoids but nothing else. He s had his prostate checked multiple times with nothing found. He s going to be having a CT scan soon but he is very distraught and is 100% sure he has a malignancy growing inside of him. Can tumors grow on the outside of organs and put pressure on surrounding areas? My dad has super high anxiety issues, and I keep telling him he s going to be ok. Do we just have to wait and see on the CT scan, or are there more accurate tests? He s had an ultrasound of his bladder also, and is going to have a scope to look inside of it also. Any ideas as to wait could be causing his symptons?
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012