Have pain and swollen shins. X ray done, no fracture. Have lump and numbness now. What to do?

I injured both of my shins on April 6th. I was working out doing "box jumps" (jumping onto a 22" high stationary square box) when I hesitated mid jump and landed on the edge of the box with both shins. They were both gashed open, immediately bruised and swollen. I iced them within 20 minutes and kept them elevated. I went about a week later to have an x-ray because of the amount of pain - there was nothing broken or even fractured. Now, almost 4 weeks later, the skin around the scabs is numb and on one shin there is quarter sized lump that is very tender to the touch. I'm wondering about the numbness and if that is likely to go away. Also, what could the lump be and is that likely to remain?
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013