Have muscle pain after a flu. Had myocarditis. No medication till now. How to recover from this?

I have a teenaged son who had myocarditis a couple of years ago, following a virus. His immune system seems to have a tendency to overreact to viruses. The last two times he had the flu, he had severe muscle pain in his neck, arms and shoulders. Why is it that his immune systems seems to have a habit of attacking healthy tissue when he gets sick, and is there anything that can be done about it? I really worry about him getting sick now. Thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013