Have mild pectus carinatum. Will surgery minimize further development of condition?

I have mild pectus carinatum , should I maybe consider an operation? Will the operation be categorized as cosmetic? Is there anyway that I can minimize the further development of my condition? I am male 19 years of age and I am currently situated in South Africa, my condition is mild but it has a large impact on my social life and I feel a slight amount of discomfort when I am studying for long periods or when I am jogging.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013