Have lung problem. Is it safe to take 5 mg per day of wysolene? How long i can continue this?

I have a lung problem - whether it is NSIP, UIP or IPF the pulmonologists have not come to a decision!
This was diagnosed in 2004 i.e. nine years back. I have been taking defcort - 6 mg intermitently and
now a pulmo has prescribed a 5 mg dose of wysolene. It is giving relief from breathlessness etc. and I am
feeling good but worried about side effects. Pl. tell me if it is safe to take 5 mg per day of wysolene and for
how long I can continue this? I have to do a high resolution ct scan of lungs to assess the condition but wilool
do so soon.,
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013