Have lung cancer. Pain, headache, coughing up blood. What to expect?

my granddad whos been given 6months to live because they told he he has got lung and the cancer is 10cm big there nothing they can do 4 him.they havnt told anything apart from his gonna be in a lot granddad never had a headache and now his having pains sleeping a lot more and had been coughin up blood which has scared him whats gonna happen next we re all so scared and don t no what to expect... thanks fairy xxx
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012
Oncologist, Radiation 's  Response
tumor size 10 cm means at least T stage is 3. now for exact staging a thoracic contrast enhanced ct scan needed. I also have to know the abdominal imaging report . the disease is metastatic or not should be mentioned. anyway there is treatment specific for each stage. probably symptom free life for longer duration can be offered. consult your doctor.