Have laryngitis. Why is the voice bad? How can I get it back at the latest?

I currently have laryngitis and have had it since last Monday. My church is having our choir concert this sunday, 10/7/12 and I am scheduled to do a solo. I have tried everything to bring my voice back and it is really irritating me. I stopped talking for voice rest; I have been drinking hot tea, honey & lemon; I went in the hot shower to inhale the hot steam; breathing techniques and still no voice yet. About 2 years ago my now retired medical doctor gave me this one pill prescription and my voice came back the next day. Could you tell me what this pill was that helped me so I can have my voice back. This is an emergency and our choir is doing a soundcheck on Wednesday. I really need my voice back.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012