Have large endometriotic cysts in left ovary. Taking Duphastone. Will it help me get pregnant?

Hi Doctor my right ovary is normal it is ovulating also but my left ovary has large endometriotic cysts .I am desperate to get pregnant.My doctor has advised me to take duphastone 10mg from 18th day of my cycle for 10 days.i don t have issues of delayed periods,pain during periods .will this tablet help me in getting pregnant
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013
Hi Shilpa,
Thanks for writing in.
This medicine is not helpful in getting pregnant. Although it may give hormonal support to an early pregnancy.
Let me tell you one more thing that large endometriotic cysts ( more than 3 cm should be removed to exclude chances of malignancy.
At the end I strongly recommend you to take a second opinion from an expert Gynecologist before trying anything.
Best of luck