Have lack of sleep and stomach ulcer symptoms. Stopped smoking. Remedy?

Hi, My husband has been smoking cigarettes and cannabis for 20 years, he has tried to give them up on a few occasions, once lasting 4 months, cold turkey, until his mother passed away. That was 4 years ago. This time he will be off them 2 weeks on Monday, he got hyptnotised which has worked well in that he isn t craving for either. He doesn t have the sweats or nightmares like other times before. The problem is however his lack of sleep, extreme lack of sleep. He drives a truck 6 nights a week for a living so this sleep deprivation is not ideal at all. He did go to the doctor who prescribed 10 mild sleeping tablets, he has been taking 1 every second day but doesn t want to continue with these as he feels it could end up being 1 addiction for another and also he has what we think is an ulcer in his stomach which has kicked off big time. I myself suffered terribly bad with a stomach ulcer 9 years ago and since giving up cigarettes and getting triple therapy haven t looked back since, his stomach symptoms are the very same as mine were. Please help as the poor man is at his wits end now and the next step is always going back on the smoke just to get sleep. We have 2 small children, been trying for a year for more and feel that if there was no smoke on the go we might have better luck conciving, add to that I don t want the poor soul having a traffic accident due to sleep deprivation. Please please help
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013