Have itchy skin. Has raised scratch marks on itching. Taking Loratadine. Cause?

hello. for the past few years i have had severly itchy skin. it happens at random times during the day mainly when i get hot. the area that becomes itchy then turns red and has like raised stratch marks from where i itch it. i also have flushed face/dry skin and my body feels hot to touch. i've been to my GP several times but they just tell me to take an allergy tablet. i do take loratadine which does control it for a while but i feel i need an answer. i can't just take allergy tablets for the rest of my life without knowing the cause. thanks
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013