Itchy skin. Suggestions?

My skin has been itching a lot for the past few weeks. I have tried thinking what I may be allergic to but I got nothing so far since I haven't eaten anything new. My friends said that maybe the washing detergent is causing it but we have been using the same detergent for a long time and it has never caused my skin to itch. What other possible reasons could be for this?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
Dec 2013

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to HealthcareMagic.

As per your query you have the problem of itching for past few weeks.

In your query you have not mentioned your age and the exact areas of itching or whether this is present all over the body and the exact time period when the itching is present or is present round the clock.

For the betterment kindly follow the suggestion below:
- Keep your self away from hot and humid climate.
- Take two times bath.
- Wear cotton clothes and cotton undergarments.
- Do cold compression or warm water compresses according to the weather condition.
-You can take antihistamine tablets according to medical advise.
Don't try to scratch or rub the area as can lead to further aggravation of the problem.
There can be multiple of the causes of itching in yourself for which we need your detailed history. you can visit a dermatologist or can take help of our forum to solve the problem and take further guidance.
I hope these information's will help you. If you have further queries I will be happy to help.

"Wish you good health and early recovery from the problem"

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD (Dermatology)