Have impression due to tearing of several interdental septae. What could the cause and the remedy for this?

Hello. I'm a dental student and I'm currently trying to take a good two-step C type silicone impression, however once I remove the tray from the typodont I notice tearing in several interdental septae. I can't find any information about the causes of this defect in textbooks, and none of the teachers mentioned this problem. Maybe you could guess what may cause such a defect of the impression? I would be really grateful.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013
Dentist 's  Response
Thanks for sharing your concern.
While taking impression,you must be careful regarding the force applied applied ont he impression material used.
Excess force applied can lead to distortion of impression taken.
Please take your own time as you are working on the typhodont.
Exact tray selection ,material choosed,adequate consistency of mixing of impression material all these matters.
Also apply uniform pressure on both sides of tray.