Have hypothyroidism. Allergic to methimazole. On beta blocker. Feeling dizzy, fatigue and heaviness in the leg. How can feel normal?

I am 33 yrs old. My body is so out of wack right now. I have had hyperthyroidism since 2008. I am allergic to Methimazole and was taking PTU. My endocrinologist said that PTU isn t healthy to take long term and I might want to have a baby someday so I need to get myself healthy. I have been taking a beta blocker ( Atenolol ) since I have been off of PTU to control my pounding, rapid heart. I had radioactive iodine on June 21. I went back to see my endocrinologist on August 15th. I have now switched to being hypothyroid , which I guess was the goal. She weaned me off of Atenolol, and I have started 50 mg of Levothyroxine . I have felt terrible these past few days. I have been a little dizzy. I have felt extremely fatiqued and now I feel a little heaviness in my left leg. I try to think positive and give it all a little time since my body is so out of wack, but I am a little scared. Can you give me a little comfort and outlook as to how long it should take for me to feel normal? Should I go to the doc about the leg stuff?
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012