Have high uric acid levels, knee pain. Taken Zyloric. Treatment?

HI, I am 38, i have high uric acid levels 10.5, although i am very particular about my diet , less nonveg, less Dals, almost no paneer. This is second time it has raised to this level. Last time i had to take zyloric 100 mg twice a day for two months as doctor prescribed. i have no symptoms as such only some time i have pain in my knees. how can i get rid of this uric acid? i am very regular doing workouts daily one and half hours of exercise and drink lot of water as well. I want to know if uric acid is serious problem? i wonder if this has any effect on kidnyes? thanks ashish
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012