Have hereditary angioedema, taken nordette, had severe swelling, copper T inserted. Should go for mirena?

Is the Mirena a safe birth control option even for a patient with hereditary angioedema? I used Nordette oral contraceptive and had severe swelling the entire time i used it and then had a Copper T (non hormone releasing one) inserted, with no side effects whatsoever. My body rejected it a year later and my obgyn suggests the Mirena even thou it contains hormones! I am so confused please help!?
Asked On : Mon, 23 Apr 2012