Have had tonsillitis, strep, cyst in thyroid. Why are there issues with period and weight?

I have had tonsilites and way too many strep and infections but Docter s told me that it s not that bad ! But now I found out I have a cyst in my thyriod and still have issues with my wight and my period I don t know what to think my mother had cysts in thyriod and they did biopsies and remove one I some what scared but don t know what to think I am hoping a second opinion will help me feel better! Do you think that I should wait to see if it grows like my Docter said or should I go see Docter that toke care of my mom?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
A cyst in thyroid could be a benign cause. It may be needed to treat if it is cancerous or ig enough to cause compression. These days there is no need to do biopsy or removal, instead there are radioscans available which can detect if it is cancerous.
Regarding the infection in your throat, you can do a throat swab to identify the exact causing organism and take the exact therapy which will be effective for that organism.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, or want to further details about your query, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.