Have had irregular heavy periods, on pills, pain in abdomen, had appendix removed. Help?

Hi, I have had irregular heavy periods since they started when I was 14, I am now 30, I had been on the pill for 12 years and they became regular, very light and lasted 5 days, I stopped the pill in an attempt to get pregnant in 2008, they returned irregular and heavy after nothing at all for 9 months, I then finally became pregnant and had my son in dec 2011 via c section, pretty straightforward other than my pelvis was too small for him to be delivered naturally so he needed a little help :) since his birth my periods were regular but extremely heavy for 5 months and then became irregular once again but my question is this ... I have a lot of pain in my right side around that time of the month before and after my periods which resembles a stabbing pain , it is so painful I have ended up in a and e and had my appendix removed 6 wks ago as they thought this was the cause but I came on a week before the pain and I have just finished a period and now the pain has returned again :( they did query fluid on the ovary before removing my appendix which was apparently inflammed, I m confused and fed up , please can you help?
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013