Have ear pain. Eardrum is fine. Taking antibiotics. No change. Advice?

I have been having right ear pain for about two months now. This pain is pretty constant rating it at about a 5 on a scale of 1-10. At times, it feels like it is on fire. Also, I have wondered if there is something in my ear; it often feels like something is crawling around. I went to an outpatient clinic. The D.O. there said my eardrum looked okay. She did say that it looked as if I had a broken blood vessel in the canal. She prescribed me some numbing ear drops and an antibiotic in case of a middle ear infection . It has been three weeks since that visit, and it is still not better. In fact, it is worse.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013