Have disturbed sleep cause heart pounding, after dinner. Taking novasc, aspirin, have hypertension. Doing cholesterol, liver, kidney tests

Hello doc, I when I eat late in the evening I wake up in the night betwen 12 midnight and 2am with my heart pounding. Am currently on Novasc 5mg. I take a pill of asprin 75mg as well. I was firsy diagnosed with hypertension at the age of 15years. My dad was hypertensive and died of stroke in 2004. I will be going for a thorough check up next week. Checks will be for cholesterol, liver and kidney functions, FBS. Iwill welcome any advice and lifestyle change.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013