Have cystitis, constipation, painful urination, swollen abdomen. Will acupuncture help?

I am a 27 years old women. Rather healthy, 1m76, 65 kilos, occasional drinking and smoking. Not very sportive. I have been a cystitis sufferer for a long time, and it got worse since I became sexually more active. But since January 2013 it became much worse. The symptoms are basically the same as for cystitis: -painful urination , -frequent need to urinate, at night too. -pain at the opening of the urethra - swollen abdomen Since the beginning of this year, it becomes more and more frequent that I wake up during the night to urinate and then the symptoms start. Now it is almost everyday, regardless of my cycle, or that I drank too much or too little in the evening, alcohol or non alcohol drinks. It does not always occurs at night, but mostly. Sometimes I feel it happens.When I don t go straight when i need to. The symptoms generally become less painful within one to three hours depending on the intensity. It keeps me awake. I put a hot water bottle on my abdomen to ease the pain and discomfort and drink clear liquid in large amount ( one to two pints) I used to drink herbal tea or take under the counter cystitis cranberry kind of treatment. The herbal tea used to work a little but no longer does. Other facts that might have an importance to understand the problem: My partner also feels light pain at the tip of his penis when he urinates. I sometimes have light mid-cycle spotting. It is not systematic though. It happens that during intercourse I feel pain in a specific point on the left side of my abdomen. In April 2011 I was diagnosed HPV positive and in September 2011 I had a laser treatment. Following that I had a colposcopy and biopsy in December 2012. I am failing to get pregnant for two years and four months. I am easily constipated. I did urine test and swab in February this year and they were clear for Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea. The GP did not seem to identify the problem, and didn t go further than say itseemed to be link to my cycle. I am doing bood test today. This is a really exhausting situation, physically and moraly. I am obssessed with it and trying to always find out what s going on regarding what I eat or drink or if have sex or if I am stressed or if it is all in my head and so on... checking blogs. I still have no answer or even direction. I am thinking to maybe turn to a parallel medicine like acupuncture to identify what the problem is. Do you have any advice or idea? Thank you for taking time to read all this. I would be so greatful if you could just send me in the right direction. Anna
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013