Have coughing while eating dry foods, sore throat and white tongue. Treatment?

my symptoms are: coughing when I eat dry foods ( swallowing wrong way) --gone on this way for several years, recurrent sore throats,from raising voice to get attention in the classroom--not shouting,sometimes get white stuff in back of throat, right now I have a sore throat--no white throat but have white tongue that cannot be scrubbed off with a toothbrush. I have good teeth, usually good health, except this throat and swallowing problem. I am subject to getting a swollen lymph gland in the front of the neck which I think is holding mucus. Many years ago I had a severe case of bronchitus during a very stressful time--in the front of the neck. It was very large, hard and swollen from the jawbone to the collarbone. That s it--what do you say? I am 64 years old with no health insurance.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013