Have coughing spasm and weak pelvic floor. Had it earlier. Healing time?

Beginning of January had a cough which lasted for a month was bringing up horrible dirty muchus think this was a chest infection my son aged 41 also got it he eventually went to GP as he's never ill was put on antibiotics.they said he was very close to having pneumonia. I now am into my fourth week of my second bout with the added aggravation of weak pelvic floor sometimes I have a coughing spasm which is quite disturbing .have not been to my GP as I know they don't want to give you anything I look after my son's baby twins who seem like little germ factories & also their 4year old brother am unable to take time off as he &his wife are so busy with running their businesses but with the pelvic floor this is making me feel quite down can you advise me as to what action I should take or do I just wait for it to clear on it's own as before I think it is easing as I had a good nights sleep last night .
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013