Have constant back pain. Sitting and bending is excruciating. Advice?

I am 43 and never had any back issues in my life. For a week now I have constant consistant pain in my lower back. It came out of no where. I was not doing any unusual strenuous activities. I went to a walk in clinic and all he did was give me pain killers of which I dont want to take until i know what it is. It feels like its deep and at the base of my spine . It is definitly not muscular pain it is deep inside and feels like something is pushing on the base of my spine. Im ok to stand and walk and laydown but sitting and bending is excruciating.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013