Have cold like symptoms, small white bubbles in throat. No relief with antibiotics. Possible treatment?

My daughter has had cold like symptoms for about a week now, she has gone to the Dr. and was proscribed amoxacillan (spelling?) It has not worked and now she has developed small white little bubbles on her throat . Back to the Dr. and has been told they are not sure what this is and prescribed another antibiotic . I m not a big believer in just being told to take drugs when the problem hasn t been diagnosed. The problem has been going on for a week now and she has an eighteen month old son, I m worried this stuff is a contagious thing and any thoughts you might have on this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, JD
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
she must be having diphtheria, she needs hospitalization, plenty of IV fluids, rest, antibiotics will help