Have c-diff, eating disorder, swollen abdomen, retaining fluid in lungs. On antibiotics. What is it?

Thank you for responding. My friend is in the hospital going on two months. She contract c-diff and it has been a downward spiral since Dec. 2012. She may also have an eating disorder. Her abdomen is extremely swollen and she has been retaining fluid in her lungs, which seems to be under control. She has been fighting infection and is on three antibiotics. She has never been ill before; she is 55 years old. The doctors in Boston are baffled. Do you have any ideas as to what may be going on with her body?

Thank you,
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013