Have bumps on foot. Started as itchiness. Using Clotrimazole. Foot is dry and purplish color. Treatment?

I have a problem with the skin on my foot. It started between the two smaller toes being very itchy and flakey. I treated it with tea tree oil and this stopped the itching, but when it did itch I would scratch it. After about 10 days I woke up with small bumps all over the top of my foot. I made the mistake of scratching those and now it is a full blown mess. It has been 2 weeks now with this condition and I've been putting Clotrimazole on it for one week. The itching is much better but my foot is now super dry, flaking and a red-purplish color. I feel as if I am using the wrong medication. Please help!
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013