Have brown smelly discharge from vagina, irregular periods. Not on pill. Is it an infection?

I have a brown smelly discharge from my vagina a week after my period. My period lasted for a week and now it s brown and smelly. My period is really irregular, my last one started 6 weeks before this one started. I m 17, I ve never had sex and I m not on the pill or anything. Is it an infection? It s really smelly and bothering me, I can smell it through my jeans if I m not using tampons and my dog keeps sniffing it.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jun 2012
It seems that this might be due to some bacterial infection due to lack of local hygiene during period.
During period go for frequent change of sanitary pads.
Avoid wearing thick leg wear.
Keep local part clean, dry and airy during period.
Go for one antibiotic medicine course for 3-5 days.
Ok and take care.