Have bloating, gas problems after removing the Sigmoid colon. Need a remedy

July 2012 I had my sigmoid colon area removed. Everything went well, but for the past 5 months I have had extreme gas, bloating to the point, I have to back away from people or walk away, as I cannot control the gas. I have tried to experiment with different foods to find the cause but it does not seem to matter. The extreme gas comes creeping back. There are days it is so bad, I am running back and forth to the ladies room, thinking I have to go to the bathroom, which is not the case. I am at wits end. I take beano before I eat, colon health pill, once a day. I have gas pills. Nothing is helping long term. I hardly had gas prior to the operation and it just seems to be getting worse. What has triggered this to be this bad. Was it something with having the section of my colon removed and reconnected? Thank Yo, Pam
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013