Diagnosed with bowel inflammation, frequent stools and discomfort, stools smell like burning rubber, awaiting colonoscopy results. Serious?

My partner has been diagnosed with inflammation of the bowel and he is awaiting a colonoscopy and is naturally very anxious about this. He missed his first appointment and has had to start the entire and lengthy referral procedure again. My concern with his condition is that his stools smell almost like burning rubber. He is extremely active, very slender at 6 4 and under 11 stone and finds it very difficult to put on or keep on any weight. He has constant loose stools and is in constant pain and discomfort. What kind of condition could we be looking at? Should we prepare for anything very serious?
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  337 Awaiting Answer