Have black spot below armpit, leg. No medication till now. What is the remedy for this?

Hi. I am a 45 y/o female who has fair skin, and who spent a good deal of time in the sun up until my 30's. Overnight (literally) I developed a black spot with a slightly raised area just below my left armpit. I saw a Dermatologist about nine months ago for a sun spot on my leg. I was told the spot on my leg was nothing to be concerned with, that it was hereditary, and that I would probably get more. It was brown in color, but the new one that came up overnight is very, very black. It is approximately 1/2 inch, and itches some. Have an appointment to have it diagnosed, but am having a great deal of anxiety about it as I have one son, and am widowed. This website will not allow me to include photo, but anything that you can share with me based on the above information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013