Have been having regular periods. What could be the cause for delayed periods?

I am 23 years old . I have been having my periods regularly. But this month for the first time it is getting delayed by 5 days till now. I am getting married in the February so if it delays there might be a problem for me during marriage as it may clash with the marriage date. I would like to know what could be done for this delay and will also like to know the reason for the delay.
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.You have regular monthly periods But this time it is delayed and you are worried about it matching with your date of marriage.There is nothing to worry about.You do get your period delayed once in a while due to hormonal variation You can postpone or plan your period by taking drugs after consulting your family physician or gynecologist.