Have back pain. Had a accident earlier. X ray done, L5 is fused to sacrum. What to do?

I was in a pretty bad car accident Feb 1st of this year, following that I was given an xray of my lower back because of the intense pain I was experiencing. They found that my L5 was fused to my Sacrum, and it made sense seeing as I have had lower back pain many other times in my life. I am a 21 year old female, and have been an avid runner/swimmer and was hoping I could get some answers as to when I would be able to get back into exercising. The pain isn't awful, and I would rather exercise with pain then not do anything at all. My physical therapist hasn't been able to give me any clear answers on treatments or what is actually wrong with me, just that the bones are fused, the disc is very very small, and apparently there is nothing degenerative. I would appreciate any information at all seeing as my PT doctors have given me next to nothing.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013