Have asthmatic bronchitis. Chest pain after getting lettuce stuck in throat. Should I go back to the doctor?

I currently have a bout with asthmatic bronchitis and last night during dinner I got a piece of lettuce stuck in my throat which caused me to start choaking. It took all I could do to try to breath some air without letting this food piece go down any further and catch enough breath to be able to cough it up. I had to run outside to feel fresh air while having a violent coughing attack which is when I started to get inmense chest pains accompanied with sharp sensation of needles and pins throughout my chest and shoulders. After spitting out the food piece I stayed coughing litely and the needeles and pins lasted for a few minutes longer. I can t explain what happened to me but that now when I cough even the slightest bit that hot, stinging sensation comes on me again. Should I go back to my MD who had put me on meds for the bronchitis that day.?
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012