Have anxiety, nausea, no confidence, sciatica. Taken steroids. Reason?

My 78 year old friend lost her husband recently and has a lot of anxiety issues. She is not eating well. She gets nauseous so eats some little something - late Boost - to feel a little better. She is not eating enough, and not eating the best foods. She has little or no confidence in her primary doctor. I think she needs to find a new doctor and get a complete workup. She is also having a very difficult time with sciatica and is seeing an ortho. but not getting any relief as yet after first taking a round of steroids and now a round of anti-inflammatory pills. Can nausea be a sign of something worse? I think she overeats sweets. She only weighs about 100 pounds, or less.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013