Have an open sore on the foreskin. Used polysporin. Itchy and painful. Am I okay?

I have an open sore on the foreskin of my penis . It is about 1/8 inch in diameter. The best description is that it is like all the skin has been miraculously removed and only one layer remains. It seemed to appear overnight and I noticed it in the morning shower. There was originally no pain other that the pain from friction when I first noticed it. I put polysporin on it for two days and that seemed to be the creator of a rash on the head of my penis where the sore lies when the skin is folded over. Today (day three) I left it dry and now it is painful. I am 34 with a constant partner and I am very sure that she is not sleeping around. We are a stable family. is there anything that is ok to try putting on the wound next?
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013