Have abnormal bleeding and cramps. Had ultrasound done.Diagnosis is Heterogeneous Endometrium. Treatment?

I recently had a transvaginal ultrasound because of abnormal bleeding, abdominal cramps and painful intercourse. Prior to this 2nd ultrasound, there was a very small fibroid found 2 months prior. The possible diagnosis now is that the heterogeneous uterus may reflect adenomyosis . Heterogeneous endometrium . What does this mean and what are the best treatments? I follow up with my OB GYN next week.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013