Have a small mead size lump under armpit. What could be the reason for the pain?

Hi, I have a small mead size lump under my right armpit since last 5 years of same size.I was not experining any pain any change is size,place or color on it.but last one week i felt little pain on it as well on the surrounding areas of armpit. I noticed the color of that lump changed to dark and today it has changed to red.also feeling little pain on it .There is no change in size.Please suggest what could be the reason.I am worried about this.I am 35 year female.
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013