Have a retracted ear drum. Have muffled sounds, loud sounds. What can be done?

Hi I have been told by my doctor a few years ago I had a retracted right ear drum. It's caused me to have muffled sounds... Loud sounds for years. It never goes. I also have congested stuffy painful sinuses every year... Plus aching jaw that sometimes causes me to speak a bit funny (slurred) when it's playing up. It all started about 7 years ago after a really bad ear infection in the right ear. Can I do anything about this or is it something I just have to live with.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013