Have a mass on chest wall, growing, due to benign deformity. Go for an MRI?

I have a mass on my chest wall of the left 2nd & 3rd ribs. I have had it for probably 20 years, and always been told it was nothing to worry about. At my recent ob-gyn checkup, the doctor said she thought it had gotten larger and I should have it xrayed. The doctor I saw for the xray said it was probably due to old trauma or a benign deformity , and nothing to worry about, but I should have an MRI to be sure. I have recently had some pain around the mass, not severe and not constant, but enough that I m now worried. Should I go ahead with the MRI? Is this something I should be concerned about? Thank you!
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013