Have a fracture in the lateral tibia above fused physis. Explain

Hi there i have a fracture in the lateral tibia just above the fused physis, there is no depression of the articular surface,minor bruising of medial femoral condyle but no fracture line there. Medial meniscus is in tact. Incresed signal at the tibial insertion of ACL but no tear. I had to see a different consultant as the one i saw a few days before is on holliday until the 10th. He has given me a full length leg brace which allows me to bend at the knee ,which i have restricted movement to due to the injury although this is getting much better as swelling goes down. I have an appointment in a weeks time. Am i supposed to take the brace off for bed do you know? I have been and just had a pillow under my leg and have slept on my back with leg straight out in front. They didn t tell me to keep the brace in a locked position which i am presuming is ok? So when i walk i have my crutches and the knee is slightly bent as i hop along. The brace has been good and has definetly stopped the injury from twinging along the lateral side if i catch it at the wrong angle. I am also wondering as i am very sporty and am a runner and also did the injury 10 days ago by a slight impact to the knee and twist during judo when it is likely i will be able to return to my sport. I realise everyone is different and am hoping because there is no damage to articular surface and it is not displaced this may be sooner rather than later. I will do what it takes correct physio etc but how long also would i be wearing the brace for and crutches do you think for my type of injury/ fracture. Thankyou in advance,Regards Lucy.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012